THE AWARD: Vermont Federal Credit Union is offering educational scholarships for the 2014-2015 school year. Four (4) scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $2,000 each.
Two (2) to graduating high school seniors and two (2) to those already enrolled in a college, trade school, or university or having been out of high school for more than one year.
ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to apply, the applicant must meet ALL of the following criteria.
- Applicant (student) must be a member of Vermont Federal
- Applicant must be accepted to or enrolled in an accredited undergraduate program at a college, trade school, or university (minimum 12-credit semester or full-time equivalent)*
- Studies must begin in the Fall 2014 or Spring 2015 semester
- Immediate family members of Vermont Federal employees and Board members are not eligible to participate.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: All applicants must submit the following
- Copy of applicant's official high school and/or GED (General Education Degree) and college transcript, if applicable.
- Complete Vermont Federal application - Applications must be submitted online at www.vermontfederal.org. This online application cannot be submitted via email.
- Copy of the letter of acceptance from the college, trade school, or university**
*College, trade school, or university of choice does not have to be a Vermont institution
**If college, trade school, or university is not determined at the time the application is due, the applicant must send all
potential college, trade school, or university acceptance letters and notify the Scholarship Coordinator as soon as the school is selected.
SCHEDULE & SELECTION: The application must be completed with all supporting documentation mailed to the Scholarship Committee by April 11th, 2014.
Any packages received
after April 11th, 2014, regardless of postmark, will NOT be considered. Complete applications can be submitted at a branch or mailed to the Scholarship
Committee. Vermont Federal Credit Union is not responsible for lost mail or delays in delivery of mail. Applications will be reviewed and finalists will
be chosen by the Scholarship Committee. Winners will be notified by June 30th, 2014.
AWARDS: Recipient will receive an Award Certificate from Vermont Federal and check from Vermont Federal.
Each award will be made payable to the college, trade school, or university and student by September 1st, 2014. Funds are
to be used for tuition, room, board and/or books. The $2,000 will be returned should the student not attend college within
the current school year.